Nintendo has announced that this year’s ‘Pokémon Video Game Australian National Championships’ will be hosted at PAX Australia.
Over the PAX weekend (20-21 July), players will verse each other on Pokémon Black Version 2 as well as Pokémon White Version 2 for a chance to compete in the World Championships, held in Vancouver, Canada on 9 -11 August 2013.
There are three divisions in the championship, based on age:
- – Junior Division: Born in 2002 or later
- – Senior Division: Born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001
- – Masters Division: Born in 1997 or earlier
Nintendo has mentioned that “hopeful competitors without a ticket to the sold-out PAX Australia will have the opportunity to battle for the chance to win flights, accommodation and entry tickets to the expo plus additional standalone tickets to PAX at a number of Pokémon Meet-ups to be held around Australia in the coming weeks.”
The qualifying battle competitions will be held in these cities:
- – Perth (Supanova Pop Culture Expo) Sunday 30th June
- – Melbourne (Deakin Edge – Federation Square) Saturday 6th July
- – Brisbane (Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre) Sunday 7th July
- – Adelaide (AVCon Anime and Video Game Convention) Saturday 13th July
- – Sydney (Luna Park) Sunday 14th July
Nintendo has also advised for players to familiarise themselves with the rules before attending a battle competition.