Blizzard Entertainment have revealed the release date for Diablo III’s upcoming expansion, Reaper of Souls to be 25 March 2014.
CEO and Co-Founder of Blizzard Entertainment, Mike Morhaime comments on the announcement, saying, “With Reaper of Souls, we’re taking Diablo III back to its darker, deadlier roots and also giving players a new way to experience the game”.
“In addition to adding a new character class, a new act, and tons of fully randomized new content, we’re opening up the world so players are free to explore the game as they see fit, whether it’s following along with the story line or charting their own course across Sanctuary.”
Reaper of Souls was announced in August this year at GamesCom, with a cinematic trailer reveal shortly after. The expansion will add the following features to Diablo III:
- Act V: A dark and terrifying chapter sending players on a final confrontation with death itself
- The Crusader: A new playable hero—a veritable war machine made human
- Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
- Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
- Bounties: Randomised objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
- Nephalem Rifts: Fully randomised dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot
- The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options
Along with a Standard Edition, Reaper of Souls will also be available as a Digital Deluxe Edition via Battle.net, and as a Collector’s Edition. The Digital Deluxe Edition will include an exclusive helm, weapon-transmogrification recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, the Treasure Goblin companion pet for World of Warcraft, and a set of StarCraft II Crusader-themed portraits and Malthael-themed decals.
The Collector’s Edition includes all of the above along with a full-colour hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set, and a mouse pad bearing the impenetrable visage of Malthael, the Angel of Death.
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls launches worldwide on 25 March 2014. More information can be found on the official Diablo III blog.