Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Confirmed for Australia
Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have confirmed a local release for Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.
The Definitive Edition is a fully rebuilt version of the hit release title for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Key features include a highly detailed Lara and enhancements to the world. Square Enix have listed all the improvements below:
Lara Croft presented in unprecedented high definition detail:
• An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
• TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
• Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A physical world put in motion thanks to brand new hardware architecture:
• The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
• All texture resolutions have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail
• In-game characters, enemies and destructibility have been enhanced for added depth and realism
• Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
• Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the beauty of Yamatai in all its high definition glory
Crystal Dynamics Executive Producer, Scot Amos says “‘Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition’ is so named as it’s exactly what we’ve custom built for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 system consoles.”
“The new hardware let us finally express the original vision in all of its glory. This was a continued labour of love. We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world. We can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience this rebuilt epic adventure.”
The Definitive Edition will include all of the original downloadable content, digital versions of the Dark Horse comic, mini-art book by Brady Games and the Final Hours developer videos. Also included when pre-ordering Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition from select retailers is special art book packaging which features never-before seen concept art.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition releases in Australia on 31 January 2014 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.